Every week Kathy Schrock sends out an SOS (Site of the School Days) with ONE link to a potentially valuable educational site. If you don't get a weekly SOS from Kathy Schrock, and you would like to, register at Discovery Schools Kathy Schrock's Guide for Educators.
This week's link connects you to Educational Blogs You Should Be Investigating, a list of useful blogs organized around specific areas: technology integration, blogs for administrators, elementary teachers, pre-K teachers, kindergarten, 1st grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade, art, library media specialists, business education/photojournalism/graphic design, drama/theater, english/language arts/speech, ELL/ESL, FACS (family and consumer services), foreign language, industrial technology, math, music, PE/health, science, social studies, special education, study skills, and technology/computer apps.
After a short time reading some blogs of interest, I found several interesting resources and ideas, including:
- On Free Technology for Teachers --Quietube, "a handy little browser extension that removes all the clutter from YouTube allowing you to view only your selected video."
- On The School Superintendent Blog -- a post reflecting on the role of technology in the daily life of students with a Youtube video.
- On Science Notebooking -- pictures and descriptions of science "notebooking" in elementary classrooms.
- On Creating Lifelong Learners -- a list of links to royalty free images
- On if bees are true: reveries for teaching and learning -- a "media literacy lesson that matters" with references to Creative Commons and new definitions of Fair Use.
- On Mathematics Learning:Sharing Strategies of Teaching/Learning Mathematics -- strategies and games for learning times tables.
- On Strategies for Special Education & Inclusion Classrooms -- a review of literature heroes for students with disabilities.